Sunday, July 18, 2010

Come thou fount

Today was exzactly the Sunday that I needed. This morning I had a few struggles. Time management. Satan and his love of working on my self esteem. Frustration. When I got to church though I was provided with a peace and reverence that He knew what I needed. HF knew more than i did. He always does. Before I left that house things were not going right and I said a simple prayer of Please help. I asked and he provided and I am grateful. Today was the first time that our ward was doing a linger longer/put lick of sorts and I was in charge. I tend to obsess, what could go wrong what do I need to do etc. I was so humbled and peaceful after sacrament that I didn't want to loose that feeling. I was then given a gift. My friend asked if I wanted to go home with her while she fed her baby and got what she was bringing for the pot luck. My friend is moving soon and I was grateful for the opportunity to spend time with her. I know that you might be thinking that is the opposite of keeping the spirit. Well, after a lovely talk on Temple attendance and a beautiful musical number talking with a Friend about the blessings of the temple and the blessings we are able to receive was just what I needed. Going back to the chapel I felt edified and spiritually nourished. I felt reminded of what I needed to do. What I already knew but somehow lost sight of. The linger longer/pot luck was a hit. I was humbled at the amount of hands who were willing to help. I was reminded that I was not doing this alone. I was actulally helping everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dont bite your tounge itll bleed